We (New Writing Cumbria) are setting up a group of the best, and most interesting, developing young writers in Cumbria.
It doesn’t matter whether you’ve been writing since before you could walk and are published in oodles of magazines, or whether you only ever write in secret and shyly hide your creations in a shoebox under your bed.
And it doesn’t matter what you write: poetry, novels, short stories, plays, film or TV script, blog posts, memoir, journalism, or other non-fiction.
What matters is your enthusiasm and commitment.
- Work with published, professional writers.
- Publish and perform your work.
- Work with other young writers.
- Create an online journal of the best Cumbrian writing.
- Help put on events in Penrith Old Fire Station.
Open to Cumbrian writers aged 15-24. Applications are welcome at any time – if you’d like to be involved, just get in touch.